The India SME Forum is India's only non-profit, non-political, non-governmental & non trade association, initiative for Small and Medium Entrepreneurs.The Executive Board of India SME forum has Mr. Prahlad Kakkar, renowned Brand & Marketing Guru, Mr. T. R. Bajalia, Ex- Dy M.D. of SIDBI and ED-IDBI, Dr. J. S. Juneja, Ex-Chairman & CEO of NSIC, Mr. Parag Patki, Ex CEO SMERA, Mr. Ajay Thakur, Head-BSE SME, Mr. Vinod Kumar, Managing Partner, SDRC India Advisors, Mr. Hemendra Mathur, MD SEAF India & Mr. K. V. Srinivasan, CEO Reliance Commercial Finance, all stalwarts and luminaries of India's Small and Medium Entrepreneurship movement. The India SME Forum has a valued country wide network of over 250 advisors, consultants, experts and mentors.
With over 76000 members and over 5,00,000 registered SMEs, India SME forum is today India's largest SME Initiative.
Founded in May 2011, for nurturing entrepreneurship and supporting innovative, globally competitive, SMEs in India, India SME Forum works on enabling them to share best practices, addresses their concerns and celebrates their success
India SME Forum is among the three national MSME organisations to find place on the Advisory Committee of the Ministry of MSME, Government of India.
The Forum is an ex-officio gazetted member of India's National Board of MSME, the apex MSME Statutory Body, since 2015, a Member of the High Powered Monitoring Committee of the National SC/ST HUB under Stand Up India and a Member of the RBI's Standing Advisory Committee on Flow of Institutional Credit to MSME Sector, apart from contributing to various national and international think tanks, on the MSME & Entrepreneurial ecosystem.
The Mission of India SME forum is to foster the development of a flourishing entrepreneurial culture and a competitive SME sector to support economic development.
The core strategies employed by the India SME forum to achieving its mission are : 1. Listening, Sharing and Advocating for a Pro-Business Environment 2. Identifying, Enabling and Seeding Innovative Start-ups and MSMEs 3.Recognising, Grooming and Supporting, Promising SMEs
The India SME Forum, has conducted various Nationwide initiatives in the past 5 years. Notable initiatives are
1. The Business Leadership, Mentor 4 Entrepreneur, program for innovative and disruptive Small and Medium Enterprises in 25 Cities across India, with 3709 Enterprises, being mentored, from 16 Sectors, involved in Manufacturing of 1900+ different products.
2. The SOS for SME program for Micro and Small Enterprises covering Best Practices in Manufacturing, Innovation, Fiscal Discipline and Efficiency + Capacity Building, has been held in 37 cities, across 217 clusters and is lauded as an open platform where experts along with Successful Entrepreneurs discuss threadbare, issues, solutions, best practices and key methodologies useful for guiding Small and Medium Enterprise to attain success. Over 10,900 micro and small entrepreneurs have undergone the program in the past 4 years with startling results.
3. India's largest MSME survey - State of the SME which surveyed 3,30,000 MSMEs across 29 states, 371 clusters and 6000+ product lines, on the Entrepreneurial and Financial ecosystem, State of their Business & Use of Technology. A report based on the survey was shared with various State Governments, Policy makers, Institutions and various Ministries along with our analysis and recommendations.
4. India SME Forum instituted India's SME 100 Awards which are today considered as the most prestigious Awards for the SME Fraternity, with 42623 nominations received in 2014 and 63819 nominations received from MSMEs in 2015. The awards founded for the purpose of recognising and felicitating successful SMEs, have enabled India SME Forum to get a deep insight into the health of SMEs from all across India. The awards select 100 top SMEs on the basis of their growth, financial factors as well as non financial factors in a unique evaluation format, created specifically to score and rate SMEs across the length and Breadth of the country on a single scale.
5. India SME Forum has been instrumental in bringing to the fore many SME Success stories and have showcased their successful journey on Television through its very own TV show, "India's Small Giants" which recognises, honours and acknowledges India's Most Successful Entrepreneurs. The show is an an ode to the undying spirit of Indian entrepreneurs who have started out small businesses and have over time, garnered a sizeable market share, immense goodwill and sizeable brand awareness for their business while enabling and empowering those around them. As the title connotes, India's small companies who define success by not only their bottom line, but by their contribution to their community, dedication to great customer service and the creation and preservation of workplace cultures of excellence, while choosing to be Great instead of Big. The show has received accolades, queries and engaged over 4,70,000 Start ups and Micro, Small and Medium Entrepreneurs from all over India.
India SME Forum works on raising its own funding for all its initiatives and its partners include State Bank of India, Bank of India, Canara Bank, Axis Bank, Reliance Commercial Finance, BSE-SME, NSE, SIDBI, Airtel, Microsoft, Life Insurance Corporation of India, New India Assurance, Air India, Jet airways, GoAir, SME Ratings Ltd, Vodafone, Tata Teleservices, Acer, SAP, IBM, Mahindra & Mahindra, Porsche,Business Standard, Business World, NDTV Profit, Zee Business among others.
The initiatives of the ISF hope to inspire willing and able SMEs that have the potential to be world-class enterprises and offer them the platform to promote themselves to partners, investors and collaborators, to sustain long term growth. ISF is well on its way to patronize the SME sector, with a view to act as a catalyst and provide every possible support to accomplish the mission.'